Date of Last Update: May 22, 2015
- This policy does not apply to any companies that EDC® does not own or control, nor to people that EDC® does not manage or employ.
Personally Identifiable Information defined
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains. This includes information that is used in a way that is personally identifiable, including linking it with identifiable information from other sources, or from which other Personally Identifiable Information can be easily derived, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, social security number, bank account and credit card information. To the extent unique information (which by itself is not Personally Identifiable Information) such as personal profile, unique identifier, and IP address is associated with Personally Identifiable Information, then such unique information will also be considered Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (i.e. without individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual. EDC® does not ask or collect special categories of personal data (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, your health, sex life, sexual orientation or genetic/biometric data) or information about criminal convictions or offenses, and they are not included in the definition of Personally Identifiable information.
Collection and Use of Information
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. EDC® does collect Personally Identifiable Information from you under various circumstances.
- When you visit this website EDC® may receive information on its server logs from your browser, including your IP address. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information. We use this information to improve the overall quality of the visitor’s experience and our products and services.
- We also collect Personally Identifiable Information whenever website users contact us through the Demo Request form or send us an email to any of the emails listed in the contact page. EDC® uses this Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see; to fulfill your requests for demonstrations of our products and services; to improve our website and our services; and to contact you about specials and new products.
- We also collect Personally Identifiable Information when customers place an order for our products and services. In such events, a customer must provide contact information (like name, address, email, telephone number) and, if the product is not free of charge, financial information (like billing address, credit card and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the customer. If you place an order using a credit card, we store on our servers the following information: last 4 digits of the credit card, credit card type (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), amount, and approval or denial code from the credit card processor. However, we do not store on our servers the full credit card number, name on card, card security code, and card expiration date.
- We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information from third parties including your organization and representatives, public resources, our related companies, affiliates, authorized providers or consultants and others who form a part of our sales and/or service network to fulfill your requests for our products and services.
EDC® will only use your Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes for which we collect it unless we reasonably believe that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you prior to any additional processing.
Legal Basis for Processing
EDC® will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We may use your Personally Identifiable Information in order to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. If you fail to provide Personally Identifiable Information required to perform the contract, we may not be able to perform the contract and we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. We will notify you if this is the case at that time.
EDC® may use your personal data based on your consent. By providing EDC® your Personally Identifiable Information, you are actively agreeing to interact with us and giving us consent to use your Personally Identifiable Information. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please remember that withdrawing your consent does not remove the legal basis to use your information to perform the contract where applicable.
Links to Third Party Websites
This website may contain links to other third-party sites. Please be aware that even if these third-party websites are listed as affiliated, EDC® has no control over these linked websites. These websites each have their separate privacy and data collection policies independent of EDC®. Information collected by these affiliated websites is not received, stored or used in any way by EDC®. As such, EDC® is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or actions of any such other sites. These links are only provided for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects Personally Identifiable Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by EDC®.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
Changes to this Policy
EDC® may make changes to this policy from time to time. We may not inform you at the time these changes are made, so please review this policy periodically. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of the policy that is in force at that time.
Special Note to Parents
We sell business products and services. Pursuant to the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are not permitted, and therefore do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable information from children under the age of 16, without the consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian. In fact, we require that all persons who review the site or contact us through the website be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children, to participate in the interactive activities offered online, and for children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to this or any other website.
Please keep in mind that the internet environment is never failsafe. EDC® will strive to maintain personal information with modern security methods. But, computer systems do fail from time to time, and devious individuals are always becoming more sophisticated. We’ll do the best we can, but nothing in this world is absolutely foolproof.
To better ensure compliance with updated security technology, EDC® recommends using website browsers that adhere to today’s security standards. To ensure the highest level of security available today, EDC® suggests that you select the highest-bit encryption level. When you submit information to us (or to any other web site) over the internet, the information may travel over many systems and networks that are not under the control of EDC®. The Internet is not completely secure and others may intercept the information that you are sending. Further, anything you voluntarily provide in any public area of the internet, including on EDC’s website, will be publicly available to others on that website and potentially to other third parties, and you should always use caution when deciding to publicly disclose any of your personal information.
EDC® is headquartered in the United States and your Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to the United States or other locations. EDC® collects and transfers from the European Union to the U.S. the Personally Identifiable Information only with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or to fulfill compelling legitimate interest of EDC® in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. EDC® has and endeavors to continue applying suitable safeguards to protect your information.
European Union Privacy Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Access: you may receive information about our processing of your personal data and a copy of your personal data.
- Correct: you may request us to update or correct inaccurate data we have about you.
- Delete: you may ask us to delete your personal information.
- Opt-out: you may ask us to stop receiving any direct marketing communications at any time.
- Transfer: you may ask us to transfer your personal data in a machine-readable format to a third party of your choice.
- Restrict: you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information under certain circumstances.
- Object: you may object to our reliance on our legitimate interest as the basis of our processing if you believe it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Complain: you have a right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority in the Member State in which you are located. The list of Data Protection authorities and their contact information are available on the European Commission’s website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact EDC®.
Data Storage and Retention
Your Personally Identifiable Information is stored by EDC® on its servers, located in the United States.
Terms of Service
Please also visit our Terms of Service establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the entire EDC® website.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send an email to Info@EDCUS.com or write to us at the mailing address listed in the Contact Us section of this website.